Wednesday, October 13, 2010

The Kiev Temple Dedication



On our first Sunday in Moscow we were able to participate in the dedication of the Kiev Temple via satellite.  We attended the first session on Sunday morning at a church building in the city of Zelinograd.  It’s interesting to note that during the Soviet Era even Russians were forbidden to enter this city because of the cutting-edge electronic research that was performed there. 

The Kosaks, our Branch President and his family, Henry, Elke and Lisa gave us a ride to the dedication.  It took us about an hour to get there.  During the ceremony Elke was able to point out our Area Presidency and other local church leaders that were attending.  They will be members of our branch and I look forward to getting to know them.  It was fun to watch President Monson.  He is always so jovial and attentive to all the people around him.  I enjoyed watching how he interacted with the crowd during the cornerstone ceremony.

We were in a classroom and there were about 20 people there, including 6 missionaries and the Mission President and his wife, the Sorenson’s.  It was a stark realization that I wasn’t in Alpine anymore and that I was in the mission field and I LOVED IT!!   I’m so grateful that Brian, Shaun, Megan and I were able to be any part of the dedication of the first Eastern European Temple.

No comments:

Post a Comment